Champion Bernese Health Guarantee and Purchase Agreement
1. Champion Bernese guarantees the puppy is in good health, has had it's first round of immunizations and has been dewormed, The buyer has 7 days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the seller, at buyer's cost, for a full refund. The buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating defect or illness. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the 7 days, the health warranty is void.
2. Seller provides this warranty for two years after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the seller within seven
days of informing the seller of the defect. Seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian of the seller's choice at the seller's expense. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the seller's veterinarian, the buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy.
3. Seller gives 2 year hip and elbow guarantee on puppy found to have severe hip/elbow dysplasia. The puppy must have an x-ray from your vet to confirm the diagnosis and must be documented by the OFA foundation and the results be sent to our vet. If your puppy is diagnosed by OFA to have severe dysplasia, puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value or be refunded if another puppy is not available. (excluding any/all additional expenses travel, shipping, vet supplies and veterinarian costs.
4. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, Guardia or Coccidiosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
5. If it is determined the puppy does have a genetic disorder that is identified within two years of purchase, the buyer has the option of a replacement puppy from the next available litter. Your puppy need not be returned to us provided there is documented support of medical
condition. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and if it becomes necessary to ship a replacement puppy, those fees are to be paid by the buyer.
6. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 24 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the buyer's expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the seller's own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason of the death, the seller will provide another puppy to the buyer. A written statement from the Veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis.
7. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
8. This warranty is non-transferable.
1. The buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the above animal, including transportation. The risk of loss or injury to the above animal is on the buyer at all times after the dog leaves the seller.
2. Buyer agrees that Seller is not responsible for any harm the puppy may do to property or individuals, including but not limited to, biting, scratching, spreading of any sickness or disease (including humans).
3. Because of the variety and quality of dog foods available (and not all canine illnesses are covered by vaccination)we require that our puppy/dog be kept on " NuVet Plus Canine and NuJoint DS." These Nutritional Supplements are only available through breeder
recommendation. The order phone line number is 1-800-474-7044. your code Is 383531. NuVet Labs send us a monthly report showing which of our puppies are being supplemented with NuVet supplements. This
guarantee will be considered null and void if you do not keep your pet on these supplements on a daily basis.
4.The buyer agrees to keep their Bernese at a healthy weight.
5.The buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their Bernese, keep all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association and properly administer heart-worm preventative medication.
6. The buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, repetitive exercise until after their Bernese is over one year of age.
7. The buyer agrees to never place the puppy in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
Buyer and Seller agree that the Dog is being sold "as-is" with no warranties made by the Seller unless otherwise stated in this Agreement.
I have read and understand the above guarantee regarding this puppy and agree to this document.
Buyer Name:______________________Phone Number:______________________
Joshua and Abigail Showalter